This is the story of motor racing legend Garth Hogan and his quest for speed on the ground and in the air.
Garth Hogan is a man who has been extraordinarily successful in his life. He is a big man with a quiet demeanour that borders on shyness. But that quietness masks a fiercely dedicated and competitive man who has achieved massive heights in life ― both in the business world and in personal achievement associated with fast and powerful machinery.
• Hogan was the first NZ’er car to break the 200mph barrier
• He raced Top Fuel Dragsters and held the NZ record for 25 years reaching a staggering 263mph (423kph)
• He built up a large specialist automotive parts company from scratch
• He spent 5 year as NZ’s delegate to a commission of the FIA World Motorsport Governing Body.
• He took his Vintage Class 1934 Flathead Ford to Bonneville and set a 193mph record that has stood for 12 years.
• He was involved in establishing NZ’s premier Classic Car Museum, Warbirds and Wheels, in Wanaka
• He built up a business restoring Warbirds and was instrumental in the restoration of 10 aircraft over 10 years.
• He restored a P40 Kittyhawk WW2 Fighter aircraft and for 10 years flew it at air shows throughout NZ
• He was Chairman of the Warbirds over Wanaka Air Show Board.