Author(s): HOUSDEN ELLI
Five Senses is a new and exciting collection of short stories for lower secondary school students:
- featuring stories on contemporary issues that will entertain and challenge
- by new young writers as well as established authors
- all stories can be easily read in one sitting
- structured and selected to be student and teacher friendly.
Each story has a choice of written and spoken tasks asking students to read, talk and write, and to complete spelling, vocabulary, grammar and punctuation activities. Extension activities are also included.
Five Senses is designed to develop the following skills:
- a love of reading and writing stories
- an understanding of the techniques used in narrative writing
- an appreciation of the variety of genres used in narrative writing
- the ability to discuss stories and issues with peers
- an understanding of how language "works"
- improved literacy skills through modelling activities.
Special features include:
- a matrix of activities for teachers
- a glossary of key terms
- an analysis of the elements of the short story.